Connect with Excel Public Charter School
There are many ways you can volunteer with us here at Excel – below are some options we’ve thought of, but we are eager to hear any ideas you have and will gladly work with you to make your vision a reality!
- Lead a classroom lesson or activity
- Stumble across an interesting topic online? Have a favorite concept you think might work as a lesson? Working on something that students can contribute to in some way? Collaborate with a teacher to bring it into the classroom!
- Talk about you
- Deep into a cool project at work? Have a great story about your path through education that got you to where you are today? Our students are always eager to hear real-life accounts to inspire and motivate them.
- Consult with us on a project
- We’re often biting off a bit more than we can comfortably chew when it comes to planning engaging lessons and activities for our students. Help us out! Let us know what you’re great at (coding, crafts, robots, gardening, etc.) and we’ll reach out whenever we’re working on something relevant.
- Run an after school club
- Have a hobby that would work with a dozen students participating? Excited about putting together a school newspaper, or a football team, or a dance troupe? Volunteer one day a week from 3:45pm-4:45pm as an after school enrichment lead, or partner with a staff member or other volunteers to run a club together.
- Can’t come every week? You can also drop in to mentor students or help out in one of our existing clubs.
However it is you want to get involved, we’re here to help you help us!
Reach out to Stevie Kimmet, our Parent and Community Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com with your interests and availability, and we’ll work with you to find a good fit.
Before you volunteer, you’ll need to fill out our background check form, which can be found here. Thank you for volunteering!