Under the supervision of the Director of School Finance and Operations, the Operations Assistant is responsible for receiving, reheating, serving, and/or portioning of meals and supporting front office operations as needed. The Operations Assistant position is responsible for providing excellent customer service and food service oversight while interacting with our students & staff on a daily basis.
Primary responsibilities entail food service management, serving, cleaning up after breakfast and lunch as well as providing necessary feedback to the Director of School Finance and Operations regarding equipment, supplies, food, and safety needs. Additional duties include providing efficient food service, greeting students and staff, assisting school staff in maintaining orderly student lines, and ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Operations Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
School Nutrition Program
- Prepare daily food service for breakfast, lunch and staff as needed
- Follow and execute school food service quality standards for all menu items per approved operation procedures
- Ensure food quality standards are followed from delivery to reheating to service time
- Assist with breakfast after the bell roll out, advertising and implementation
- Review, edit and update school menu with food service vendor
- Order menued food items monthly
- Provide food meal service information to family engagement team
- Update school nutrition program menu board
- Ensure HACCP along with Federal, State, and County guidelines is followed concerning food safety and sanitation
- Setup and breakdown of lunch line layout, ability to work at an efficient pace while maintaining compliance with Child Nutrition Program and food service procedures.
- Ability to learn and execute the operation of kitchen equipment in a safe, efficient manner
- Maintain accurate records of daily food production, waste, and participation data
- Complete daily procedure checklist (cleaning, timeline, temperature logs etc.) and communicate issues to Operations Manager
- Receive daily meal deliveries
- Conduct daily meal point of service activities including set up, tally and close out
- Order consumables
- Adherence to the school’s operations practice of maintaining a clean, organized, hazard-free kitchen environment focusing on sanitation and quality control
- Effectively communicate to Operations Manager any issues or concerns that may impact food safety, quality of service or student experience
- Monitor functionality of all kitchen equipment and advise management when repair or maintenance is needed
- Abide by the school’s waste, compost and recycling protocol, as applicable
Special Activities Food Program
- Coordinate food purchasing for all extracurricular activities not limited to student activities, family activities, staff activities
- Order, stock and prepare coffee, tea, water and refreshments for day to day external meetings
- Coordinate with family engagement team food disposal
Front Office Operations
- Assist with office phones including messages, transfer calls and student dismissals
- Assist with visitor check-in system and ensure compliance with visitor policy
- Assist with student entrance in front office )medical, emergencies, etc.) and ensure student follow school-wide behavior expectations
- Assist with tardy student check in and early release check out
- Other Duties As Assigned Based Upon Team Needs
- Commitment to the mission of Rainier Valley Leadership Academy
- 1 to 3 years customer service experience in a mid to high volume food service facility or restaurant.
- Previous experience in a school food service facility, a plus.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to complete tasks on time and work independently.
- Must possess a Washington State Food Workers Permit; ServSafe Food Handlers permit preferred.
- Ability to maintain a positive and solution-oriented attitude at all times.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Green Dot Public Schools Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H-1B Visa applicants.
The hourly rate for this role begins at $15.00/hour, depending on experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of students in Southeast Seattle.